Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Valparaiso HS Graduation

Graduation season kicked off recently and I'm back to graduation coverage. I'm not the biggest fan of covering graduations - too many feelings and memories of high school. Also, our deadlines are early so I end up missing the best moments near the end.

I'm intrigued by the meaning of graduation for kids now-a-days but I'm still exploring how to best that tell that story visually. For now, I'll find the quirky moments the best I can.





Valparaiso seniors hold onto their mortarboard as they enter the gym before graduating at Valparaiso High School Tuesday evening in Valparaiso. Three large blowers were being used to help cool the gym, but made for a windy situation for the graduates as they entered the gym.

Valparaiso senior Monica Semento holds on to her mortarboard as she enters the gym before graduating at Valparaiso High School Tuesday evening in Valparaiso. Three large blowers were being used to help cool the gym, but made for a windy situation for the graduates as they entered the gym.

As Valparaiso seniors make their way to the gym to graduate, Maggie Ombrembowski, left, and Marion Oppermann stop to fix their hair and gown before graduating at Valparaiso High School Tuesday evening in Valparaiso.

More fans.


No comments: